HDS-7 with LSS StrucrureScan HD

Fishing set ups and maintenance of your PWC.

Moderators: hobiefish, Torpedo

HDS-7 with LSS StrucrureScan HD

Postby Handymandan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 pm

I have bought a HDS-7 with Insight gold chart, with the StructureScan HD that I am installing on mu Yamaha SUV.
I have the HST DFSBL 50/200 KHZ transducer and the StructureScan transducer that I am working out the mounting solution. There is not any good places to transom mount them but I will figure someway to do it.
I will post some pictures when I get it done I think it will make a nice setup to hunt fish and structure.
I also bought 2 of the Navionics Platinum+ charts 632 and 642 for more detailed charts.
HDS-7 with LSS $1500
2 year no hassle warranty $160
Charts $200 each
I am starting to think that I could buy allot of fish from the local fish market with the money that this setup is costing.
Custom 2002 Yamaha SUV, 4 stroke, Lowrance HDS-7 HD with Structure scan
Custom 2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe, Lowrance HDS-5, Aluminum trailer
http://www.gonejetskifishing.com
Handymandan

Re: HDS-7 with LSS StrucrureScan HD

Postby HawaiianShorts » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

But you won't enjoy the hunt for the monster fish you'll be catching! :lol:
If you like this site, please click on the Ads!!! The more clicks we get, the more freebies we give out!!!
HawaiianShorts
Site Admin

Postby rev ryder » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Yeah, it ain't JUST about the fish. Image
rev ryder

Postby Handymandan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:24 pm

I have mounted the 2 transducers in a location that I believe will work. I was able to mount the 50/200 KHZ transducer a little forward and higher than the structure transducer so that it will not interfere with it.

I had to make a wedge spacer so that it would mount level. I made the wedge out of some 3/4 6" PVC trim from Home Depot. I cut two wedges and JB welded them together. the wedge is about 4" x 4" and tapers from 1 1/4 inch thick down to a point. The transducer has 2 long and 2 short mounting screws now that goes through the mount upward through the wedge spacer and into the hull of the jet ski. the transom mount is mounted to the bottom of the hull instead to the back of the transom.

For the structure scan transducer I had to cut the transom mount to fit over the right side drain hole plug then mounted it to the transom with silicone and screws.

I ran the cables through the transom high and about 6" to the right of center then sealed the 1" hole.

I hope to get time after work tomorrow to run all the wires and hook everything up and mount the head unit.

Handymandan

Postby HawaiianShorts » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:33 pm

That looks good. I wonder if you'd notice any difference in handling. Post pictures of your maiden trip!!
If you like this site, please click on the Ads!!! The more clicks we get, the more freebies we give out!!!
HawaiianShorts
Site Admin

Postby Handymandan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:45 pm

I got everything mounted and wired up. I mounted the structure scan HD module in the rear compartment. I have the HDS-7 setup and working but I did not get to test it in the water. I had to lay 240 sq. foot of tile on my front porch and sidewalk today. I checked the weather and it was calling for 3 to 5 foot seas so I felt like today was the day to make everyone in the house happy, after all I have had the tile for 18 months now.
I also ordered the Lowrance Network Starter Kit and the point 1 GPS antenna, they should be here Thursday or Friday so I can have them installed and ready for the weekend.
I also ordered the NAUTIC INSITE HD EAST 2013 chart and the fishing hot spot pro salt water 2013 chart.
I will post pictures when I get a chance.
Handymandan

Postby Handymandan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm

I received the Point-1 precision position receiver with integral compass today and will mount it tonight. I am still waiting for the network starter kit to finish the install, it should be here tomorrow.

Handymandan

Postby HawaiianShorts » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:16 pm

All out!!!
HawaiianShorts
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Garage