first trip on the ski

Post your big catch aboard your PWC. GPS coordinates welcome!

Moderators: hobiefish, Torpedo

first trip on the ski

Postby tenacious » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:38 pm

fishing has been slow for a lot of people around my way. yesterday some guys i know limited out on flounder, so i figured i would give it a shot. my first fish from a ski was an 18" flounder. i should have went yesterday though cause that's all that made it into the cooler (5 gallon bucket until my rack is done) . i did catch a few brown sharks, and snagged a bunker. i got a picture of a little one, the bigger guys didn't make it into the ski.

i couldn't be happier with how the ski ran and fished. it effortlessly cruised at 30-35 knots, and topped out at 43 knots. the lowrance elite 7 ff/gps was amazing. in total i traveled 32 nautical miles today (i went sight seeing since i couldn't catch fish) and burnt just over 8 gallons of gas. I was running it hard though to get worst case scenarios for fuel range calculations. the ski is even more stable than i thought it would be. I just have to get used to not having the big deck my 24' did. I did have a chinese fire drill when i caught the keeper though, the net was in the sponson, under my tackle bag.... i just got done moving and didn't have time to set things up yet when i caught it. that will be fixed once my cooler rack is built and installed, i will have a nice holder for the net.

the horrible picture of my ff is a school of bunker that was under me. i managed to snag one, that's what i caught the keeper flounder on. the picture does it no justice, i didn't let my phone camera focus cause i didn't want to miss it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tenacious

Re: first trip on the ski

Postby alanhighhand » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Good report and picture thanks for sharing.
alanhighhand

Postby Sundancer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Congrats T..
Jetskisportfishing.com - Youtube - stevequigley1053
'08 SeaDoo GTI SE 155
BAN OMEGA FROM THE CHESAPEAKE BAY
Virginia Beach
Heroes on the Water http://www.heroesonthewater.org/home
Patriot Guard http://www.patriotguard.org/
Sundancer

Postby zoll77 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Nice
zoll77

Postby ddgtr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice job. What year is your ski?
Help end jetski restrictions: PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, WE ONLY HAVE UNTIL JUNE 30!

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComm ... -0228-0321 DIRECT LINK TO COMMENT SITE: LEAVE A COMMENT IN SUPPORT OF PWC FISHING
ddgtr

Postby Bottombouncer » Tue May 20, 2014 6:19 am

That's great! Get's me more motivated to move forward with my ski ideas.
Bottombouncer

Return to Jetski Sportfishing Reports