Chocolate Bay Texas

Post your big catch aboard your PWC. GPS coordinates welcome!

Moderators: hobiefish, Torpedo

Chocolate Bay Texas

Postby Fish4Anything » Sat May 11, 2013 4:39 pm

20130511_143821.jpeg
Weather cleared up nice today. Made an afternoon run. Caught 3 specks and this big ulgly. Long 20 to 30 minute fight. I had 20lb test on the rod. I dont think he even knew he was hooked the first ten minutes. Spooled entire reel and I used thumb to slow him down the last few yards of line.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fish4Anything

Re: Chocolate Bay Texas

Postby navigator » Sat May 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Nice catch! We were coming in from my son's Taekwondo tournament around 2PM and all I could think about was how nice an afternoon it was and why couldn't I be fishing. I consoled myself by putting on my TX numbers and installing a couple 4" SS cleats. I sure hope to be joining you soon.
I just found out that my Kawasaki Ultra 300 LX is poorly designed, prone to engine failure, droops its ass in the water and has mega handling problems in addition to my being overweight, inexperienced and having a gay stalker. lmfao
navigator

Postby HawaiianShorts » Sat May 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Wow! That thing is bigger than the cooler!!
If you like this site, please click on the Ads!!! The more clicks we get, the more freebies we give out!!!
HawaiianShorts
Site Admin

Postby little_buddha » Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 am

Nice job! Yeah, I took the ski down to the Colorado at Bay City with a group of riders and rode down to the Gulf at Matagorda to catch some swells, awesome weather. Didnt fish though, but caught some nice swells.
little_buddha

Postby Joe070 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Nice job mike you made the front page of the website lol
Joe070

Postby rev ryder » Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 am

Nice Blackie there! Sure missing fishing from the ski. It's been broke and I've been stuck on the sand for a while. Had some company in from up north and went out Wednesday with them for some shark fishin' and took this lil feller. We caught a dozen or so over 3ft. with this being the largest at about 6ft. Then the weed showed up and ruined the fun.
rev ryder

Postby chino715 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:10 am

That's a good looking shark! I guess everything is BIGGER in Texas! :lol:
chino715

Postby hop » Thu May 30, 2013 12:44 pm

chino715 wrote:That's a good looking shark! I guess everything is BIGGER in Texas! :lol:

yeah seriously it is. Along with the sharks, even the sting rays are big too. lol
Need a jet ski cooler rack with rod holders? PM for discount price
hop

Postby rev ryder » Thu May 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah stingrays are big too sometimes. This shark was caught on a large "wing chunk" of stingray for bait (my go to sharkbait) ... but I also caught some stingrays in the cast net that were only dinner plate size.

Back on topic... Fish4anything's Black Drum, aka BIG UGLIES, is really bigger than the pic makes it look. See how small the tail appears? That's cuz it is camera angle shrinking the fish. He's probably a good 4 inches bigger than that pic makes him look. Those suckers can get HUGE and they DOOOooooooo pull. I bet he did put a stretch on that mono. LOL
rev ryder

Postby Fish4Anything » Fri May 31, 2013 3:07 am

That is a big shark. One of my favorite ways to fish is wading on the second or third sand bar but it sure makes me second guess that everytime I see a shark like that come out of the surf. Every pic I've taken of a fish has never really done the fish justice. I can never get a fish pic that is representative of the actual size. When I got home that day my wife said that pic you sent of the black drum didn't big lol.
Fish4Anything

Next

Return to Jetski Sportfishing Reports