8/8 Oside report (xpost from Trips)

Moderators: hobiefish, Torpedo

8/8 Oside report (xpost from Trips)

Postby Nonprophet » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:26 am

Big thanks to 7seasand7 for coming out with us.

Oside was a huge clusterfu** at 530. Fast forward to around 7am after waiting for the bait barge and we were off to find my friends' kayak/mothership group who left much earlier.

However we couldn't contact them on the water had no luck finding them so we were off to fish on our own. We tried trolling about 12 miles out from Oside but there was nothing so we decided to separately scout the nearby boats to check radio reports of open bites. Unfortunately 7seasand7 and I ended up losing contact with each other.

I decided to head to more shallow water but saw a group of boats west of Carlsbad. My buddy who was riding with me and I got there to find a boil and got our live baits out. Within 2 minutes I got bit and landed a good size YFT followed by another about 5 minutes later. My buddy got bit but broke off on a birdnest. The bite died after that and most of the boats cleared out. We hung out and kept chumming because we still saw fish, but these fish were really picky. They didn't want the live bait, they just wanted the chum bits. We could see them swim up to the live baits and opt for the chum. I switched it up put dead chunks on the hook instead and landed a 3rd.

The bite stopped even though we could still see them biting on the chum and we headed off to another group of boats but had no luck there. I was running low on gas so we decided to head back. We passed by the first spot where I caught the first three and decided to try again since we thought there were still fish there. We chummed and boom my buddy picked up two to save the day.

It was a long but successful day. I finally got back in contact with 7seas on the way in and he got some himself.

Can't wait to get back out there!

Waiting for bait with Val

Bloodwells

hidden message

Got bit on the light rig lol. Old Calstar held up

Dinner

Gonna need new watershoes
https://instagram.com/p/6JV2s3Pc_R/
Nonprophet

Re: 8/8 Oside report (xpost from Trips)

Postby Sundancer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Nonprophet wrote:Gonna need new watershoes

LOL.... life is tough.. Give a kidney for one of those w/o going out 20 miles.. ;-)

Steve
Jetskisportfishing.com - Youtube - stevequigley1053
'08 SeaDoo GTI SE 155
BAN OMEGA FROM THE CHESAPEAKE BAY
Virginia Beach
Heroes on the Water http://www.heroesonthewater.org/home
Patriot Guard http://www.patriotguard.org/
Sundancer

Postby Nonprophet » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Sundancer wrote:

LOL.... life is tough.. Give a kidney for one of those w/o going out 20 miles.. ;-)

Steve

We'd normally have to go out that far too but this El Nino thing is shaking it up a bit here. Does it do anything for the East Coast fishing wise?
Nonprophet

Postby opahgangnamstyle » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Nice job, Prophet! That's a lota sushi :D Ben
opahgangnamstyle

Postby Nonprophet » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:15 pm

opahgangnamstyle wrote:Nice job, Prophet! That's a lota sushi :D Ben

I've already made seared ahi, poke, and beer battered tacos for tomorrow. I'm making some fatty tuna sushi with the belly now hehe. I've given away a bunch and I still put a bag in the fridge.
Nonprophet

Postby 7seasand7 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks Nonprophet for invite.
After I lost you guys, I found the spot with bunch of boats, figured out there was something going on..
Once I got there, seen some "bendos" here and there, but the bite was dying off.
All of the boats were still there for a while hoping for the bite to come back but it did not.
I got tired waiting and went out on my own.,
Shortly I have found the paddy with the bait under it, chummed, sent my bait down and got hooked right away.
Got one on board. Went back to the same paddy, as I drifted off, got bit again but lost it right away..

Nice day despite a cluster f**k in the Oceanside parking lot.

Can't wait to go out again.

Cheers,
Val

7seasand7

Postby Sundancer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Nonprophet wrote:
Sundancer wrote:

Steve

We'd normally have to go out that far too but this El Nino thing is shaking it up a bit here. Does it do anything for the East Coast fishing wise?

Not alot of issues from the weather other than hoping for good weather when I can get out. Biggest issue is a firm called Omega. They use spotter planes to find the the Menhaden schools then drop purse seine nets and vacuum up the whole area. All for Cat Food.

Not bait =‘s no sport fish really fast.

Steve
Jetskisportfishing.com - Youtube - stevequigley1053
'08 SeaDoo GTI SE 155
BAN OMEGA FROM THE CHESAPEAKE BAY
Virginia Beach
Heroes on the Water http://www.heroesonthewater.org/home
Patriot Guard http://www.patriotguard.org/
Sundancer

Return to West Coast: Seattle, California